We had the pleasure of sitting down with the people from Gameforge, responsible that Aion runs properly in Europe, and asking them some tough questions provided by the Aion EU community. We were pleasantly surprised by how open they were to facing the toughest questions and their seemingly genuine will to run Aion in Europe the best they can. You can see some of this for yourselves in the interview we held with Mr. Volker Boenigk, Team Aion EU Executive Product Director.
Part 1 discussed the following:
- Aion 3.0 launch
- Why did it take so long to launch Aion 3.0 in Europe?
- Details about the process of releasing big patches
- Do you believe that European market is treated as second grade market?
- Size of Gameforge Aion team
- Server merges/transfers?
Part 2 of the interview discussed these key points:
- Plans to deal with gold sellers and hacker
- What’s the timetable for 3.5 being released?
- Pay 2 Win. What is Gameforge’s stance on P2W items in the shop?
- Veteran rewards Phase 2, Events and future content